Dai-ichi Seiko Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “Dai-ichi Seiko”), under the following protection policy for personal information, shall maintain a mechanism to protect personal information, whereby Dai-ichi Seiko shall thoroughly keep all its employees aware of the importance of personal information and Dai-ichi Seiko’s efforts towards the protection of personal information.
1. Management of personal information
Dai-ichi Seiko shall implement safety measures for the strict management of personal information through the maintenance of a security system, development of a proper management system, and the thorough training of its employees in order to maintain customers’ personal information accurately and to prevent any of its customers’ personal information from unauthorized access, damage, loss, falsification, or leakage.
2. Purpose of using personal information
Dai-ichi Seiko will use personal information received from customers to send email to that customer in response to that customer’s inquiries, and to send information and news on Dai-ichi Seiko’s business activities.
3. Prohibition of disclosure and provision of personal information to third parties
Dai-ichi Seiko shall properly manage personal information received from each customer, and shall not disclose this information to third parties except for any of the following cases:
• Dai-ichi Seiko has obtained the customer’s consent.
• Dai-ichi Seiko discloses the personal information to business contractors with whom Dai-ichi Seiko entrust its business.
• Dai-ichi Seiko needs to disclose the personal information in accordance with laws and regulations.
4. Security measures to protect personal information
In order to ensure the accuracy and safety of personal information, Dai-ichi Seiko takes thorough measures for security.
5. Inquiries from customers
Dai-ichi Seiko will respond to customers’ inquiry about their personal information or to request the deletion or amendment of their personal information after identifying the customer.
6. Compliance with laws, regulations, and norms, and reviews
Dai-ichi Seiko shall comply with Japanese laws, regulations, and norms applicable to the protection of personal information possessed, review the content of this policy in a timely manner, and make efforts towards improvement in the policy whenever necessary.